Homemade Tortilla Chips.

Monday, September 26, 2011

The other night, I had a friend over for PW's Chicken Tortilla Soup and at the last minute, I realized we didn't have tortilla chips. What I did have was some extra corn tortillas I had gotten for the soup recipe, and I remembered how my mom would make homemade chips when I was little and we would finish every last one. 

So here's what you do, in very non-scientific terms... 
Grab a stack of corn tortillas and cut them in half, then in quarters, with kitchen scissors.
 Put them in a large bowl and add a couple tablespoons of canola oil and toss to coat (not pictured). You don't want to them to be drenched... just a light, even coat on each one. Then spread them as evenly as possible on a baking sheet.
 And top with coarse salt.
 Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F and watch them closely so they don't burn. You want them just slightly browned and crispy.
 Serve with homemade salsa.
Try it! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE making homemade tortilla chips!! The store bought ones are never salty enough. =) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! never done this. looks much tastier than the bag version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this and love it. Try squeezing a bit of lime on them right after they come out of the oven. They will dry and remain crispy, and they are so good.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan