December cooking.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

+
I'm going through an "I really despise cooking" phase at the moment.
It's sad, because I used to love to cook.
I think it's a combination of things: the lack of time and energy, the food allergies, and the long distance from our house to the grocery store.

When we first got married, we had dinner together every night after work. Things were different - I didn't know about my gluten allergy and there were two grocery stores within a block of our apartment. Now, to be honest, I can't even tell you the last time we sat down for dinner at home together. We eat out at least 75% of the time. Sad, but true.

So I'm making a really big goal for December. I'm going to plan the whole month in advance, and try hard to cook 5 meals a week (20 meals total) during the month. That probably doesn't seem like much to some of you, but going from about 3 or 4 meals a month (mainly just when we have guests), it'll be a stretch.

Anyone have some recipes they recommend?

I'm about to head to Pinterest to see what I can find...

Wish me luck! I'll post here what the monthly plan is whenever I can figure it out.

4 comments:

  1. Oh please do share your monthly plan--I've having the same " don't feel like cooking" issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a slow cooker could be your new best friend! especially with the cooler weather, it is great to throw in a few things in the morning and come home to a delicious meal that's been cooking all day! (really-- as easy as chicken breasts + canned tomatoes + black beans- which you can top with lettuce and shredded cheese for dinner). if you don't have a slow cooker, you can pick up a small one, perfect for two people, at target or the like. i am looking forward to seeing what you come up with… i always like new ideas. and, you'll save a good bit of money eating in too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are 2 of my favourite easy recipes found on Pinterest...

    Black Bean Salad w/ Lime & Cilantro: http://pinterest.com/pin/59320920061282780/

    Cucumber & Tomato Salad w/ Feta:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/59320920061282821/

    Looking forward to seeing what else you find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, I'll share one week at a time (if I can bring myself to stay on top of it). It's good to be accountable here! :)

    Ashley, YES! We just purchased a crock pot so I'm excited to try things out with it. Cooking for two can be a challenge, so hopefully this will help.

    Christy, THANK YOU! I'm excited to try both of those (they sound great!).

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan