Meet me in St. Louis.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011


Yesterday marked our 3rd wedding anniversary.
It's hard to believe we've already been married that long, but I have to say, it's been the best 3 years of my life. Waking up next to Shawn every morning and journeying through this life together is the greatest privilege. 

We celebrated by taking a quick trip to St. Louis, which was a first for both of us. Unfortunately, I got sick for the first time in over a year with a terrible head cold, so I spent lots of time in our hotel room while Shawn ventured out in the freezing rain to find me some Tylenol PM and cough drops. Fun, fun. 

But we enjoyed it anyway, exploring the super cute Central West End and staying in the Hyatt right next to the Arch. We walked around the Arch, but when I looked straight up at it and saw just how high it was, it didn't really appeal to me to go up to the top. Has anyone been up to the top? I hear it sways. Noooo thank you.

We also discovered that St. Louis has some very yummy food (and is so affordable!). We found a couple of great gluten-free options and ate like kings. Gluten-free crepes with goat cheese, basil, mushrooms, and tomatoes? Yes, please.

On our drive home yesterday, Shawn asked, "When are [our friends] Colin and Justine heading back from Kansas City?" 
I said, "I think today," to which he responded, "I think they're right behind us."
What are the odds?!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic trip: we want to go sometime! And your pictures are SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!
    Sorry you were sick tho' ! :-(
    Must change my profile photo for your anniversary!
    Hope the rest was a HAPPY one ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been to the top. It didn't sway and the views
    Are beautiful. But it is really high! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the top, and it did sway - so cool up there - and the elevator to the top is like being in some kind of space pod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad you got sick! But your pictures look great! And I can't wait to talk with you & catch up. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's where I am. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. St. Louis is my own home town!! Glad you were able to enjoy it. And Central West End is definitely the place to go...if you're back (and without a cold), you'll have to check out some of my other favorite gems - The Hill, the Missouri Botanical Gardens, Kaldi's coffee shop....

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan