Posana Café.

Monday, March 19, 2012

A couple weeks ago on our way back from Durham, North Carolina, we stopped in Asheville, North Carolina to have lunch. Have any of you been to Asheville before? It's a cute, quirky, very mountainous town and it holds one very special restaurant... Posana Café.

We found out about it while looking for gluten free options in Asheville (something I always have to do before going just about anywhere to make sure I'll be able to eat), and found out that Posana Café is 100% gluten free! Sandwiches, salads, pastries... everything is completely gluten-free.

I felt like I was walking into a dream. Since being diagnosed with Celiac a few years ago, I've never once been able to just order anything I'd like off a menu. If I'm lucky, I get a special gluten-free menu with limited options... but most often, I just have to play it really safe with a simple salad. But here, I could choose anything!

The interesting thing is that on their menu, they don't advertise that they're gluten free. Maybe they fear it would turn away people who don't know what gluten is. Whatever the reason, we had such an awesome experience there and are looking for reasons to go back. :) Just thought my gluten-free friends should know!


5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Asheville! I lived there for almost three years. I still visit every summer :) I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we went to asheville for new years eve last year and i feel in love! i wish i had known about this place though, it sounds amazing! i will definitely add it to the list for our return visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Random question, I was wondering if you still go shampoo free and use the baking soda/vinegar mix. I am thinking about doing the same and wondered how it worked for someone who used it long term. I love reading your blog btw :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! I do the shampoo-free thing from time to time (maybe once or twice every couple months), but not all the time anymore. I really loved how it made my hair feel... I didn't love the hassle and how un-spa-like it felt with the baking soda and no good smells. :) I'm sure I would've gotten used to it and probably should've kept going, but for the most part, it's just easier to do a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner that works well with my hair. I don't want to discourage you from doing it... I actually loved the results, it just became kind of a hassle and not that refreshing when you want to smell yummy things in the shower. :) I hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. I live in Hickory NC and Posana Cafe is ALWAYS a favorite of mine!!! Everything is SOOO delicious. My husband loves it too!

    ps im pretty sure we were in Hilton Head the same time!!! small world

    XOXO Andrea

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan