Today.

Monday, April 23, 2012


Today marks the first day of my last week of nursing school! What a relief. Little did I know when I started 16 months ago that I'd be walking across the stage at graduation with a baby bump. But God's timing is perfect, even if it doesn't make the most sense to us, and I'm ecstatic for all that this next new season entails.

Shawn and I took a long walk around Radnor Lake yesterday, as we often do on weekends. It's a perfect chance to catch up without the distractions of home. Shawn prayed for us out loud for the last mile or so, and it set the tone for this week in such a beautiful way.

I'm finding that the more I think and dream about Little E and our family's future, the more I'm realizing that the future is now. I'm not 18 anymore... waiting for the next big thing in life. It's happening right before my eyes, whether I'm ready or not. I still have to pinch myself at times that I've been married for 3 and a half years now and have a baby on the way. It's hard for me to believe.

All that to say, Shawn and I... we have big dreams for our little family. We are determined that having a baby is not going to slow us down, though I know it will for a short time as we get adjusted to sleep schedules, nursing, and balancing it all. We have excellent examples before us of raising "flexible" children (I think that was my parents' favorite word when I was growing up), and we plan to raise Little E in the same way. Shawn was born and raised in Germany, and traveled all over Europe from a really young age with his parents who are in ministry. I was born here, and went on the road with my musician parents at 2 weeks old... for 3 weeks. And for days and weeks at a time after that. So we know it can be done! We really appreciate that our parents' lives didn't completely revolve around us and our activities and that they pursued what they felt called to, but we still felt so loved.

Ok... so these thoughts are rambly and all over the place... very reflective of my state of mind right now. But I hope you have a very happy week! I know I will! :)

5 comments:

  1. :-) :-) brings a big smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your last week.

    We "drug" our kids all over Europe, too, living in tents and taking students on mission trips. It can be done .... with hellish moments and many heavenly ones, too. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayy for you! this was sooo sweet! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, a flexible and vibrant childhood makes for exciting memories, and life lessons! It's great being a missionary kid- I wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan