Four years.

Thursday, December 27, 2012


Four years ago today, I said "yes" to becoming Shawn Newby's wife. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made... even better four years later than I realized then.

Getting married two days after Christmas, our anniversary tends to get shoved to the side with family in town, after-Christmas sales, and just plain busyness. But I want Shawn - and everyone - to know just how blessed I feel to be his wife for these four amazing years.

I'm thankful that our marriage doesn't require a ton of hard work. Someday, it may. But for these last four years, Shawn has made being his wife so easy. Having fun and enjoying each other comes really naturally most days. We not only love each other, we really like each other, and I don't take that for granted for a second. Being best friends with your spouse is such a gift. He has taught me so much about what servant leadership looks like, by example. He truly serves me and our family through his hard work, and I love that Liam has him to look up to.

This morning we watched our wedding video, and just after it finished, Shawn asked if he could give me a gift. He went to the other room, and when he returned, he was holding his guitar. I knew what it meant immediately and tears started rolling down my face... he had written me a song. I sat there, holding my sleeping son, listening to my incredible husband play the most beautiful song, and I almost couldn't believe it. How did God bless me like this?! It's so far beyond what I've ever deserved.

Happy 4th Anniversary, Shawn. I can't wait for 40 more.
PS - Happy 32nd Anniversary to my parents! It's a great day to get married! :)

17 comments:

  1. What a blessed life you've seemingly led these past 4 years.
    Congratulations! A huge accomplishment.

    Love,
    Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Whitney! May your marriage be so blessed as you enter into another year together!
    Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations with your fourth anniversary and Gods blessing for all the years to come.
    In November, it was 12,5 years ago that we married: you wrote that it's better than you realized 4 years ago, I do feel the same, even after 12,5 years!
    Love from the Netherlands,
    Esrosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. You two are so adorable together and it's encouraging to see a couple so thoroughly in love with each other and with God. Congrats on four years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and gorgeous photos! Happy anniversary! We will be celebrating our fourth anniversary in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and May You have 100 More.

    The Lord has blessed you both and will continue to do so. I've been married for 14 years and love that there are many Blessed Love Stories out there.

    God Bless You and Your Little Munchkin and Your Family ALWAYS!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God makes every year more beautiful! Happy anniversary, Shawn and Whitney!

    Love and blessings,

    Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. so much love in these photos! thanks for sharing them! Ps- we got married on my parents anniversary too :) such a special day! Congrats on 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so romantic! You guys are perfect together! <3 I LOVE Elm Street Life! It's my favorite blog of all time. Could you also check out my blog, Qin Photography (http://qinphotography.wordpress.com/)?
    PS ~ Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and happy anniversary! You and Shawn share such a beautiful and godly marriage together... It truly is a blessing to see. May the Lord continue to bless your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! May God bless you with many more happy years ahead!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a beautiful couple. I hope I find such happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely. What a gorgeous wedding you had! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey,
    Thank you for your nice comment.Please visit my site.Russian women for marriage

    ReplyDelete
  15. My congratulations! Wish you 100 more! What an interesting coincidence we have with my wife an anniversary year too for 4 years! We met in Kiev with help of http://www.rbrides.com. Had a doubt about online meetings but 4 years of happy relations say the othewise

    ReplyDelete
  16. You could additionally download Zydia App shop Appvn for iOS Download If you won Android mobile, You could additionally obtain Appvn for Android.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan