Happy birthday, Shawn!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

My love,
You turn 26 today! Without further ado, here are 26 of the hundreds of reasons I love you...

1. You dream big.
2. You are a passionate worshipper.
3. You learned to sew this year to help me with our business (and are really good at it).
4. You don't complain.
5. You love reading the classics.
6. You have impeccable taste in designer jeans.
7. You speak fluent German. Even though I rarely hear it, it's so impressive.
8. You pray for me and Liam every day.
9. You work tirelessly to provide for our little family.
10. You take out the heavy trash.
11. You love cities as much as I do.
12. You're an encourager.
13. You willingly take Liam in the mornings so I can get a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep.
14. You prioritize our date nights.
15. You take your time over a good meal.
16. You give great neck massages.
17. You clean our house faster and better than I ever do.
18. You don't get annoyed that I text you all day long.
19. Every time I get in your car and you start it up, the stereo starts playing a Tim Keller sermon you've been listening to.
20. You like eating healthy and keeping your body strong.
21. The way you look at Liam makes me melt.
22. The way Liam looks at you makes me melt.
23. You are wise with money.
24. Your eyes are full of life.
25. You've been right by my side on the two most important days of my life.
26. You're my best friend. Always will be.

I love you, Shawn Newby!
Happy birthday!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! I pray that today will be a very special day for your husband, a day that marks the start of a great, blessed new year!

    Ps: Love the way you describe your husband, he sounds amazing. Almost as amazing as my husband.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melts my heart! Happy birthday to your hubby- here's to a great, fun-filled, loving year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet! Happy birthday, Shawn... May God richly bless you on your special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 26! Hard to believe. I remember when he looked a whole lot like Liam looks now. So proud to have you as a DiL, Whitney. So happy to entrust our "little buddy" to you. Thanks so very much for loving him like you do. We love you, too. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..i love ur post n i love ur blog. Its simply beautiful..just like u.
    P.S. Ur baby is too cute, with parents like u, m not a little surprised

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, Shawn! Alles Gute Dir und Deiner wunderbaren kleinen Familie!
    Liebe Grüße von einem Blog Leser aus Deutschland..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herzlichen Glückwunsch und Alles Liebe aus dem wunderschönen Deutschland, lieber Shawn ;)

    Your List is so lovley, Whitney! So many reasons to love your husband! And speaking german fluently is definitely one of the most impressive things ;) Quite a difficult but wonderful language. How lucky i am to be a native speaker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Shawn! Lovely photos and most lovely words!And hey, Shawn is quiet a young Dad!My husband is 29, and we still don't have children.
    God bless all your days together!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan