Five things.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Just after coming home from the doctor with my "sick" baby
1. We returned home from Chicago on Monday night and woke up Tuesday morning with colds all around. I was the overreacting mom who rushed Liam to the doctor's office at the first sign of green drainage and a low grade fever. When he giggled at the doctor through the entire exam, I knew he'd be ok. :) We're all recovering, and that's where we've been this week.
50 promises memory cards by Show & Tell
2. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more consistent in memorizing Scripture. So along come these pretty cards by Summer Harms featuring 50 promises of God, making it so easy (and beautiful!). Order them here.

3. I've been working on a few new bags for the shop using fabric I've designed. More to come soon. Also, my new embroidery machine is set to arrive today... which means monogramming will finally be available. Not sure what it is with bridesmaids and monogramming, but I've gotten quite a few requests. I'm excited to finally say "yes."

4. Growing up in Nashville with parents who are musicians, I spent a whole lot of time in recording studios - from birth on. So the other day when my dad was producing a string session, I had to bring Liam by to introduce him to the studio. He did great... spitting up all over Poppy's shoulder (and down his leg), then falling asleep in Mimi's lap.

5. I'm thinking of doing a DIY week in a couple weeks with 5 days of do-it-yourself project posts in a row. Do you have requests? Sewing? Home decor? Painting? Let me know!

18 comments:

  1. love that leather clutch! also i am trying to work on scripture memory too - those flashcards look like what i need. i did try fighter verses and i love that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the leather clutch! My request for DIY is home decor. All the pictures you post of your house are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see some posts on home decor! You always do such a beautiful job with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love some sewing DIY. I am just starting out and your other DIY's are so amazing and easy to understand! :)

    http://lastkeycreations.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for your DIY week! My vote is for sewing DIY's - maybe something that can be given as a gift?

    Looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DIY home decor projects - and isn't Liam so precious in that first picture?!

    My husband and I have also been memorizing a Scripture a week, but we just use index cards. I wish mine were cute like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you design your own fabric?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will stand alone and ask for painting. When I learned you taught painting classes I so wanted to take one but being in CO makes that difficult. But I'll take anything...home decor or sewing! You are the best...belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I like Heather's suggestion! A painting DYI? Your blog is always fun to read, Whitney! It's so charming and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would definitely be into some easy do-it-yourself sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would put in my vote for painting or sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love every one of these points. Well, except that you all have been sick. Excited for DIY week, but even more excited about those sewing nights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd love more home decor diy from you :) i'd saying sewing but i don't have a sewing machine :( i used to use my moms but then i moved to Louisville, KY and have none to use anymore!! it's on my list of things to save for :)

    Liam is such a cute baby!! and so happy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adoro sua pagina , e tudo tão lindo .
    Sou brasileira. e adoro atersanato. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho e sua familia,
    Um grande abraço!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally not surprised you and summer "know" each other. : )

    Hope you all feel better quickly!

    And bridesmaids and monograms...hmmm...maybe because they're being given matching clutches and will need to be able to tell them apart? Have fun getting to know your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just moving into a new home- I say home decor or painting! :)

    Your little Liam is so sweet. He has a face that feeds Hope to the weary.

    Love,
    Manda from Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  18. THANK YOU for the link love, Whitney! hope you are all feeling loads better and having a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan