Christmas favorites.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dickens of a Christmas Festival, Franklin, TN 

Smell: Fresh pine in my living room. Bavarian roasted nuts at the mall. Crisp December air. I still haven't smelled a Christmas scent I didn't like.

Tradition: Growing up, my mom would make a Christmas cinnamon roll wreath and, after opening presents, we'd feast on bacon and fruit and sparkling cider in champagne flutes. I plan to continue the tradition with my own little family this year with gluten free cinnamon rolls and a sausage hash brown casserole. If there's one way to Shawn's heart, it's a good, big meal on Christmas. It might be his favorite gift.

Movie: Elf! I know, I know. I don't like Santa. But I can't help but laugh hysterically at this movie every single time. What's your favorite line? 

Hymn: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Now to the Lord sing praises,
All you within this place,
And with true love and brotherhood
Each other now embrace; 
This holy tide of Christmas 
All other doth deface.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

Memory: 5 years ago at Christmas, Shawn and I were two days from getting married. Not surprisingly, I don't remember one thing about Christmas day of 2008 - not one present, not anything. But two days later was the best Christmas gift I could've received: my husband.

Sight: The Dickens of a Christmas festival in downtown Franklin, Tennessee. I'm missing it this year.

Dislikes: The commercialization of Christmas. And this line from a familiar Christmas song: "Let's give thanks to the Lord above 'cause Santa Clause comes tonight." :)

Ok, your turn. Some of your Christmas favorites? 


Christmas favorites from 2011.
Christmas favorites from 2012.

6 comments:

  1. I just like to smile. Smiling's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy the Elf- What's your favorite color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies in the vcr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog post! I may have to borrow this idea! :) And "Elf" is one of our favorites, too. You know the line where the whale says, "Bye, Buddy! I hope you find your dad!"? Well, my husband says that to me sometimes when he's saying goodbye. Nerdy, yes. But it cracks me up every time!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan