Monday.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday mornings are invigorating. At the whisper of a new week, I sip my black tea and tackle my to-do list with gusto. And then, after hours of rushing around, Monday night inevitably arrives cloaked in disappointment. I haven't crossed off nearly as many items as I'd hoped, and it's kind of a let down.

But as I was bathing Liam tonight and feeling overwhelmed by all that this week holds, Shawn read me this incredibly timely quote and everything changed.
Yes. Yes. It's where so many Mondays and Tuesdays and Fridays find me. Trying, in vain, in vanity, to please everyone. It's ridiculous.

So tonight, I'm going to let the many emails sit unanswered in my inbox. I'm going to put down my paint brush and turn off my sewing machine. I'm going to be content with only the simplest tasks like eating and resting and loving on my guys. Oh, and I might watch this again. And again and again.


PS - I totally failed to announce the winner of last week's giveaway here on the blog: it's Charrise Newkirk! Yay Charrise! Your items are on their way.

7 comments:

  1. I think I watched that video 7 times! I've always loved Oceans, and tonight it was especially lovely (just what I needed). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. This is exactly what I needed to hear after a day of tough choices about who to please. Ultimately, Christ is the one who I am following upon the waters, wherever He would call me and regardless of what anyone else thinks. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oceans is one of my very favorite songs! What beautiful lyrics and what a truthful reminder that we are forever His and He is forever ours! Love, love, love!! :)
    Praying that your Monday evening is a blessed one, filled with relaxation and all of God's greatest blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song so much. Thank you for sharing. Praying for peace. Check out this other Hillsong song, I just love the acoustic version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiYq7dAYrd0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Sometimes I feel like I push myself so much to do what. Please those around me. I have decided God made me one person and there is so much I can do.
    I love that song by Hillsong. It has so much meaning in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard of the Donald Miller's Storyline? He created this productivity planner that is simple and designed for independent creatives (like you) to maximize productivity while focusing on your calling and priorities. I've been using it for two weeks and feel like I'm ending my days much more positively. Here's the link: http://www.storylineblog.com/storyline-productivity-schedule.pdf

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan