Almond Meal Cookies with Coconut, Chocolate, and Butterscotch.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's been a while since I've posted any kind of gluten free recipe, and just one bite of these cookies is worth breaking the silence.

Shawn, upon taking the first bite, said to me: "I think these are the best yet."

Not only are they gluten free, they're grain free and can easily be made dairy free, too. Amazing!

I adapted this original recipe from Minimalist Baker based on what I had in my pantry, and added butterscotch chips, which (literally) fell out of the cupboard and (not so literally) begged to be added.

Just one word from me: YUM.

Almond Meal Cookies with Coconut, Chocolate, & Butterscotch
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups blanched almond meal flour
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips & butterscotch chips (I just poured a little of each into a 1/3 cup measuring cup until it was full)*
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 egg
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*If you'd like to make this recipe dairy free, omit the butterscotch chips and use these dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
3. Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on parchment-lined baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
7. Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

Let me know if you try these! I definitely plan to try the original recipe, too. They look too delicious.

4 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! I'll definitely have to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing, Whitney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum. Too bad I have already done more than my fair share of baking today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so delicious! Coconut is one of my favorite ingredients. And choco everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet also do whatever this line from a press release https://wwe2k18.co time around, and also PC gamers will be able.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan