My first magazine!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Several months ago, a craft magazine in the UK contacted me to ask if they could feature my bow clutch sewing tutorial. I jumped at the chance. I've always dreamt of being published in some capacity and was thrilled for the opportunity (and especially in the UK since I've been addicted to The Great British Sewing Bee.)

Soon after I submitted the new and improved version of my tutorial, I learned that the magazine had been cancelled. Thankfully, another magazine picked it up pretty quickly and it feels like the perfect fit for their inaugural issue!

See that yellow bow clutch she's holding on the front cover? I made that. I'm not even going to act cool about it, like that happens every day. I am so excited!!!
So if you're in the UK (do I have UK readers out there?), you can find Love Sewing magazine on newsstands on April 20. As part of my contract, I've agreed to remove the tutorial from the blog for a few months - but I promise it will be back! In the meantime, please check out Love Sewing magazine for the new and improved version of the tutorial. I couldn't be prouder of how it turned out (they've made it so lovely!) and I can't wait to hold my very own copy.

Thank you for making this tutorial so wildly successful. Since I first posted it in February 2012, it has received over half a million unique visitors from around the world and thousands of you have made this simple clutch. As I was tediously photographing each step in my pajamas, I never ever thought it would be so popular. Thanks, too, for supporting this new and exciting endeavor (a magazine!), even if it means you won't have access to the tutorial for a few months. I so appreciate your support, and please keep checking the blog for new tutorials to come. They're definitely in the works.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Whitney! Your bow clutch sewing tutorial is what first brought me to your blog and I have been an avid reader ever since. Your blog even inspired me to start writing my own blog. Even though we have never met, I am so happy for you and your success!

    Thanks so much for the inspiring posts!
    Aubrey
    http://liveloveandbemarried.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! You should be proud of yourself - I would love to be published in a magazine someday. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting to be published! Though I'm not from the UK, I'm from Germany and it's usually a lot easier to some by British magazines here than American ones. So I'll definitely keep an eye open for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - well done :) Indeed you do have UK readers I'm one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! You can be very proud of yourself, it's a great tutorial!
    I made two of them last year as a birthday gift. You can have a look over here:
    http://handgemaaktdatsmaakt.blogspot.be/2013/07/verjaardagsvariete.html
    Both of the receivers were very pleased.
    I live in Belgium, but we are making a trip to London next week, I will look around to find a copy of the magazine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I think that is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! As one of your UK readers - and one who has made your brilliant clutch - I'm so excited to see it in print over here! Looking forward to getting a copy of Love Sewing!

    Rebekah

    http://handmadebyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting Whitney!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan