It's a small world after all.

Monday, June 20, 2011

+
The other day, I had just finished up an exam at school and was walking outside catching up with a friend on the phone. As soon as I hung up, a lady and her son nearby stopped me. I thought they needed directions.

"Do you have a blog?" the lady asked.

(I'm sure my face turned bright red at this point.)

"Yes."

"Elm Street Life??"

Turns out, she had been reading the blog for quite some time from Boston. She knew I lived in Nashville, but didn't know what school I went to and just recognized me. I'm so glad she said hello! I'm still feeling a little stunned. People in Boston, even in other countries, read my blog?? Intersecting for just 5 minutes was such an encouragement to me and a confirmation for her that her son is in the right place, even so far from home.

I'm temped to say, "Wow, what a small world. What are the chances?"
But in my heart, I know the truth: what a big God!

8 comments:

  1. Small World...Big Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the west coast, too! Sending ♥ from California :-)

    That's really amazing. What a surprise!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog...all the way from Arizona :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Well, I read your blog from Czech! :) I'm a missionary kid there! I love your blog. It would be awesome to see you in person some day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog for sometime and LOVE it! My sister-in-law went to school with you at Moody but I found your blog without her recommendation, even though she follows you as well:) My sister just started a blog and I think you two would be great "blog" friends. Check her out http://the-shiny-side.blogspot.com

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog all the way from the Netherlands. :) Same as Claire, I'm a missionary kid. Totally love your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan