Life.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

IMG_9899

My professor said something that stuck out to me today:

"We bring life or death to every person we interact with."


Isn't that the truth? 
We either bring lifethe light of Christ, a positive perspective, encouragement, hope, peace.
Or we bring deathcomplaints, negativity, discouragement.
No doubt you've experienced both. I know I have. There are those people you so look forward to being around because their brightness lifts your soul. They remind me of this verse:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." - Philippians 4:8


I am so often guilty of focusing on what is hurtful and sad, and not dwelling on truth and beauty that God commands me to focus on. In thinking about truth, and about beauty, I can only be drawn to the Author of those things - to God Himself.


This week, we had seven little guests and their mama come stay with us, and let me just tell you - they brought life. We adults can get so serious and stressed out, but kids put things in perspective. They live freely, running barefoot in the grass, spending hours on a tree swing, and they even think it's fun to see who can pull the most weeds out of our garden (thanks, guys!). Their laughs, their spirits, and the endless hugs and kisses made this week a lot more bearable. We are smitten. I think you'll see why.
IMG_9897
IMG_9857
IMG_9869
IMG_9876
IMG_9918
IMG_9879
IMG_9886
IMG_9909
IMG_9916
IMG_9887
IMG_9906
IMG_9880


We love you guys.
Thank you for loving us, too.


PS - You know how you fit seven kids in a small bedroom with one bed? Creatively. :)
IMG_9932

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetness. I love those little cheeks & happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fun pictures - esp. that last one!!! miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan