Perfect treat.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday was rough.
I think I was just plain exhausted from the marathon week I had at school, and didn't have the greatest attitude about working for 8 hours on my "day off." I thought about all the people (which feels like everyone else) who might've been relaxing at the pool, visiting the Farmer's Market, or swinging in a hammock. I know that's not what everyone does every Saturday, but it sure felt like it.

All that to say, when I got home Saturday night after teaching a 70-person (and very loud) class, I was so ready for the day to be over. When I walked in the door, I saw a smiling husband who said,
"I have a treat for you. It's somewhere cold."
I opened the fridge, then the freezer, to find such a treat:
IMG_9821
IMG_9824

I literally jumped up and down with joy as he led me to the couch with my favorite yogurt in hand, put my favorite blanket on my lap, turned on HGTV, and told me to relax while he cleaned the kitchen. 

Could I have married a sweeter man?
When he inscribed "I will pursue you always" in the band of my wedding ring, he meant it.
I see God's grace so clearly in my life by being loved and known and pursued by him.

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwww!! Glad you got some time to enjoy yourself--while the kitchen simultaneously got cleaner =) And kudos to that husband of yours for realizing how special and deserving you are, Whitney.

    P.S. that second picture makes me want some too!! Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great husband!

    Yogurt and HGTV sound like a great way to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...that is sooo sweet!! I love what he inscribed on your wedding ring. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Pinkberry!
    That is true love right there! I just may have to leave the post open so my husband stumbles upon it and gets a few pointer :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan