Charis turns 1!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today is a very special day in the life of our family.
Sweet Charis Lynlee, my niece, turns 1! (Does this make her a toddler now?)
Untitled-1
Look how grown up she looks! She's even reading upside-down! :) She is spending her big day in Jerusalem, her home, but I still thought I could wish her a happy birthday from Franklin and hopefully she would feel my love.

Sweet Charis,
Even though I've only had the chance to meet you once, the love I have for you doesn't match our time together. You are beautiful - those big blue eyes, the cutest sugar bowl ears, and that smile that I'm sure must make all those other one-year-olds you meet a little jealous. But I don't even love you for those things. I love you simply for who you are. You're the precious daughter of my sister and brother-in-law and you are the joy of their lives. You make my mom and dad light up when they talk about you, especially the fact that you can recognize them when you see them on Skype (keep doing that - they really love it).  You are, most importantly, a child of God. He formed you with His own two hands, and carefully crafted you into who you are becoming. You're already full of personality, but I'm so excited to watch that grow and develop over the years. Whenever I pray for you, I pray that you would know Jesus intimately at a young age and be passionate about following Him. That's your purpose in life on this earth, and I pray that even now, you understand a small piece of that. It's such a privilege being your auntie and I can't wait to see you again. Happy birthday, sweet girl! I love you!
Love,
Your auntie Whit

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Charis from Mr & Mrs Newby in Germany ! !

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan