Praying vs. talking.

Monday, November 14, 2011

I recently saw this on Pinterest, and thought wow... how true of me. 
+

The answer to this question, 9 times out of 10, is no. I am so guilty of this exact thing. I receive the littlest tidbit of bad news and I instinctively reach for my phone to call Shawn or my mom or a friend and talk through it, not even thinking to pray and ask the Lord (who knows and sees and ordains all things) to help me. It happened just today.

It goes the other way, too - I get good news and forget to thank Him for it. 

I needed this reminder today. 
I needed to remember that He is for me, He loves me, and He wants to hear from me when I struggle. 
I want so much to be a woman of prayer, and sometimes it seems like the hardest thing in the world not to pick up the phone first. It seems like a faith issue: do I really believe that He can do something about it? And if He doesn't change the circumstances, do I believe He can change my heart and my perspective?

So here's my commitment and my prayer to pray first, then talk. 

5 comments:

  1. wow...I really NEEDED this reminder today! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this is so me. Thank you for the reminder to pray FIRST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen girl! I will make that commitment as well. Thanks for the encouragement! I am SO guilty of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that on Pinterest too! I'm in the same boat as you; I definitely go to my family and friends in a heartbeat and yet so often I delay bringing the issues and joys of my life before Christ. Thank you for sharing this!

    I've been following you for about a week or so now, and I'm so thankful I stumbled on your blog! I love your DIY projects, your gluten-free story is inspiring, and your posts about your faith have been building my own. Thank you so much for sharing your life through this venue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad this was an encouragement... it was definitely a good reminder for me too!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan