DIY: Pleated linen pillow tutorial.

Friday, July 13, 2012

A while back, I made this pillow for Kirra, and I liked how it looked on our bed so much that I (finally) decided to make another one!

Here's what you need if you'd like to make your own:
• 1 yard white linen fabric (I got mine from Joann's and used a 50% off coupon, making it under $8)
• 4 pretty buttons (mine measure 7/8")
• 16" x 26" pillow form
• Sewing machine with buttonholing capability
• White thread
• Iron & ironing board
• Scissors
• Pins
• Cutting mat and rotary cutter (optional)



Let me know if you have questions along the way! And if you make this and blog about it, please leave the link in the comments section so we can all see. :)

Happy sewing!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely pillow! So perfect and wonderful, but you've make it quite easy to do . Thank you! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Thanks for a great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty, thanks for the tutorial. I love everything you make! Tell us about that adorable wall art to the right (or left) of the bed. Did you make it? Do the numbers stand for anything?

    In regards to yesterday's post, you have THE CUTEST baby bump I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers are 12 and 27, our wedding anniversary. :) I'll post pictures sometime!

      Delete
  4. Im cuddling with this pillow right now! :) :) :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im cuddling with this pillow right now! :) :) :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! I love the paintings by your bed - is that your wedding date? Did you paint those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are our wedding date! And yes, I painted them. I'll have to put them on the blog sometime. :)

      Delete
  7. Very nice pillow, thank u for the tutorial!

    http://filidiseta.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pillow is so beautiful, and I love it in white linen! When you make those perfect pleats, are they measured, or do you just eyeball their placement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eyeballed it... it's a lot easier than it looks!

      Delete
  9. Oooo. I love this pillow! I thought I knew what kind of pillow I wanted to make for our master bedroom but now you have me second guessing myself. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHITE LINEN BED PILLOW -- SUCH A UNIQUE & PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY BED! The pleats & 4 buttons highlight this creative design. . . THANKS for the tutorial. Sarah Helene in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan