Today.

Friday, July 27, 2012



I got two really great calls today...

One at 5:00am: "I'm sorry, but our patient census is down. We're going to have to put you on call."

For a lot of nurses, "on call" = bad news. You plan to work, but if there's not enough patients to merit it, you get put on call and have to be there within an hour if they do call you to work. But for me? I welcomed it! It felt like an extra day of the week that I was given at the last minute to catch up on sewing, our house, life.

The next call came at 1:00pm: "I'm so sorry, but our census is still down. We won't need you to come in today."

It's not that I don't want to help at the hospital... but having today as a free day to take a walk down to our garden, eat breakfast with Shawn's parents before they left town, sew a few purses, and have lunch with Shawn - I'm thankful. I think it's going to set the tone for a fabulous weekend!

PS - Shawn has set up an Instagram account for Brighter Day (@brighterdaybags) so if you're interested in following along what we're currently working on, follow us!

6 comments:

  1. I love the clutches in the middle with the denim and lace!!! Yay for a bonus day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have a lot of fun, FIESTA! My eyes are drawn to the clutch with the denim/lace ...I L*VE DENIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. after our talk the other day, having a day off work was an answer to prayer for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful bags these are! I love each of them!!! Love what you did with your day, in all respects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being on call! ...maybe a little too much! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I really love all The bags you have sewed! Im from Sweden so it was à little bit hard in The beginning to translate The pattern but i succed at last:) i would love to se more pattern/tutorials on your bags:)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan