Lately.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I feel somehow less put together and more beautiful than ever, even when it means leaking milk most of the time, no makeup until at least noon, and spit up on my shoulder everything. At the beginning of pregnancy, I wasn't sure this mom thing was for me. But today, I know the Lord has clearly called me to it and I adore being a mom much more than I expected I would. 

A failed attempt at a photo shoot with the things his Gigi made for him before we knew he was a boy!
I love the look on Liam's face when he gets the hiccups: pure surprise at every jolt. 
... our house at a time like this. It is peaceful, quiet, and beautiful, and when we're all up at odd hours through the night, we aren't bothering any neighbors. I couldn't ask for a better backdrop for these new baby days.

With Poppy, hanging in the studio. 
I cry at the drop of a hat (hello hormones + exhaustion)!
... whenever a hymn is sung.
... at sappy commercials and Christmas music.
... at Shawn going back to work and feeling overwhelmed. 
... when I'm so happy I can't stand it.

Getting work done for Brighter Day, here and there.
I can't wait for Christmas, and all that it entails. It will feel so different with a brand new little boy, and I can't wait. 
... to have a bit more of a predictable schedule when it comes to sleep.
... for Liam to meet Shawn's mom (coming from Germany) and brother and sister (coming from North Carolina) this weekend!

I'm thankful for a husband who doesn't complain when I wake him up for the 4am feeding because I just can't. stay. awake.
... a good sleeping baby, when he's full.
... grandparents just a few minutes away who help us so much.
... the privilege of two date nights with Shawn already! Much needed for all of us.
... meals delivered almost every other day since he was born (and still going!). What a gift.
... for good health, so much support, and sweet friends. We are so blessed.



 
This little guy of ours is so, so loved. I have a feeling he knows it.

12 comments:

  1. aw, that last picture... SO CUTE. hope your day is a blessed one, whitney. enjoy that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motherhood does look beautiful on you. So glad you are finding joy in the transition and newness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures are so adorable, what a handsome little man you have! I love reading your blog and am so glad you are enjoying motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and so precious! :)
    I'm loving these posts with all the pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful for your honesty. You radiant happiness in your posts! What a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this.

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 4 children. Ranging in age 7 down to 6m. My one and only son was my first baby. I am here to tell you that having one baby (no other children at home) was the hardest. It makes no sense. But my sister would say the same thing and she too has four. Adjusting to life with one was way harder than 2, 3 or 4. So, when you make it through this (cause I know you will), you'll have it in the bag. :) He is a handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. he knows it and what is more important he FEELS it :) God bless your family! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the most beautiful photos! What a cute little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeek - i love these photos and it still blows my mind that you and shawn are parents! your life looks so crazy but so, so full - makes me so happy for you all! miss you, friend! p.s. cannot wait to meet this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful mama. beautiful baby. love your words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan