1 month with Liam.

Friday, November 30, 2012


Oh Liam,
How has it already been one month?! I can't talk about it long, or I'll start to get teary (which already happened today when I realized you were wearing your very last newborn-sized diaper). 

I was thinking today about how it feels like you've been here forever... What was life even like without you? Though most of our days together consist of being spit up on, changing outfits a hundred times, doing laundry, wearing you while Mommy sews, and just trying to stay fed and happy - being with you is such a joy. And those smiles... though they're still mostly random, they are amazing.

It's been a full first month for you: meeting a host of family and friends, learning how to nurse (which has not been nearly as easy or natural for us as I'd hoped), and getting to know each other. My favorite times with you are sitting in your brown rocking chair, reading the Bible to you or praying for your salvation. For you to know and love Jesus is what your daddy and I hope for more than anything in the world.

We are smitten with you, little guy. We still can't believe you're ours!

14 comments:

  1. Whitney, he is just the most precious little boy. I am so happy for you and such a blessed first month with Liam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's SO sweet! Makes me want another lil' boy... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LIAM!
    MISS him too!
    Thanks for keeping us up to date!
    Love u

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart- you're two blessed Parents!

    Love From,
    Manda @ Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how CUTE he is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!

    Love your blog!
    New follower!

    Follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breastfeeding is not near as natural as everyone makes it out to be! LOL I have breastfed 4 babies now. If you have any questions I would be happy to help if I can. A little of my first baby experience: he was 3 weeks old before he would even latch on. Before that, I had to pump for every feed. I was EXHAUSTED! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! We're still having trouble, so I'm pumping every other time. Super exhausting, but worth it.

      Delete
  8. I'm new to your blog and thought I would say hi! Your little boy is beautiful. Mine is only a week old and this post reminds me how fast they really grow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is DARLING. Breastfeeding gets easier. I promise. Pretty soon you'll be doing it in the backseat of the car and in the middle of church and sitting in the Nordstrom ladies room. Happy one month, Liam!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan