Happy 4th!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

My favorite moment of our July 4th occurred at dinner when Sandi Patty's 1986 version of The Star Spangled Banner came over the television...

Mom: Oh! I sang on that.
Dad: I did too.

Shawn and I both look at Dad.
Both of us: You did?!

You had to be there, I guess, but for us who have hardly ever heard him sing, it was impressive.

I found the original version here, where it was played along with a national tribute to the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty:
I love this little snapshot of history, getting a glimpse of our country under Reagan's presidency on the year I was born. I love the patriotism and the insanely high notes. And I love the fact that, somewhere in there, are both of my parents... singing. :)

3 comments:

  1. Jesse and I just watched the video. It was most certainly the most heart-stirring moments of our 4th! Thanks for posting this, Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely celebration! :) Have a nice weekend, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video gave me chills! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan