Meal planning.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Inspired by my dear friend Kirra, I've planned the entire month of October's meals!
When I read that statement, I really can't even believe it myself. (An entire month?!)
But honestly, it really does take the stress off when you know what to buy and what to make each weekday for the next 4 weeks. Just today, I had my grocery list for the entire week in hand at Whole Foods and spend less than $50 on what we needed. When I go to the grocery store without a list... well... I don't just spend $50. I'll leave it at that. :)

So just in case you're interested, I've decided to list it all here. Most of these recipes are tried and true in our house, but some are new. If I found them online, you can click right onto them to find the original recipes. (And if they aren't originally gluten-free and dairy-free, you can bet I've adapted them to be just so.) I hope it inspires those of you on allergy-constricted diets that you can eat good food even without gluten and dairy!

{October 4-8}
Monday - Chicken Bryan, roasted broccoli and carrots, quinoa, and salad
Tuesday - French onion soup and salad with lemon vinaigrette
Wednesday - Quinoa-stuffed acorn squash and homemade applesauce
Friday - Mustard cream salmon with broccoli and quinoa

{October 11-15}
Monday - Roasted salmon salad with pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, goat cheese, and avocado

{October 18-22}
Monday - Chicken marsala over buckwheat with green beans
Tuesday - GF pancakes, berry topping, scrambled eggs, possibly applesauce
Wednesday - Roasted tomato soup with roasted brussel sprouts and GF bread
Friday - Pumpkin tortilla soup with fresh guac and chips

{October 25-29}
Monday - Chicken with parsnip puree, balsamic carrots, and roasted brussel sprouts
Tuesday - Balsamic glazed salmon, millet, and asparagus
Friday - dinner in Chicago :)

Bon appetit!

11 comments:

  1. ah! cooking ideas for me too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this whitney! you are a marvel. and everything sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love planning my meals ahead! It makes grocery shopping much easier and I'm not tempted to buy things we don't need (although I realize the candy corn wasn't a necessity, it WAS only because it's FALL).
    Thanks for sharing your menus - I'm already planning on incorporating some of your recipes for my upcoming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This list is delectable! And I'm impressed you only spent $50 at Whole Foods! We always stick with Aldi for the price, but now that I see how much a list helps keep the cost down, I might just traipse on down to WF... :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holler! So fun. Your meals are way more healthy than mine. :) Now I'm inspired by you to make more natural food next month! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...love this! I'll be borrowing some of your recommended recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you mind posting the pumpkin tortilla soup recipe? It sounds amazing and my sister and I are quite intrigued. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi new blogging friend. I DO LOVE YOUR BLOG! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i am in awe. i feel good about getting my act together for 1 week's worth of food. a whole month!? stellar! i can definitely see how this eases up your grocery bill a bit. i am definitely jotting down a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!
    i love meal planning, it makes life so much easier...

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan