Praying for peace.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You may or may not know this about me, but I have a true global family. I even made a little map to show you (and this is just our immediate family...)
Untitled-1
While I am so proud of each member of my family and how they're serving the Lord and following His lead, it's not always fun to live sooo far away from each other.

Especially when scary things happen.

If you saw the news today, you may have seen that today in Jerusalem, there was a bombing at a bus station that killed 1 and injured 30. Without having family there, it would've been a heartbreaking piece of news. But with a sister, brother-in-law, and 8 month old niece who live just a ten minute walk from that bus station, it's a different story. My sister actually heard the blast and thought it was thunder. We're so thankful that they're all ok, but it's given us new inspiration to pray, pray, pray.

As believers we are called to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem," and today, that calling hit close to home. I'd ask you to pray as well that in light of today's events, God would bring shalom to His very loved city.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."
For the sake of my family and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek your prosperity.
- Psalm 122:6-9

4 comments:

  1. I understand completely how you feel!
    We are enjoying being back in the states and closer to most of our family, but we still have a LOT of friends- almost like family- living overseas. In Europe AND Asia... ~ Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian grew up in Japan, so we know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan