Spring cookies. Yum.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I set out to make some Spring cookies in light of the changing seasons. They ended up looking a lot more like St. Patrick's Day cookies, which was not what I was going for, but still tasted so good.

If you have to eat gluten-free like me, I can't recommend Pamela's baking mix highly enough! I buy mine from Whole Foods in a big 5-lb. sack. It's a little pricey, but for all the use I get out of it (pancakes, waffles, quick breads, muffins, cookies) and the fact that I don't waste lots of time mixing my own flours, it's so worth it to me. I used it to make these cookies, using her super easy sugar cookie recipe. The fact that a gluten free cookie dough could be the same consistency as a normal cookie dough and roll out is, in fact, amazing. (You who have tried other gluten free baking recipes probably know what I'm talking about.) I even love how the flecks of almond add a rustic flair to these rich, yummy cookies.

IMG_6917

Once they were baked and cooled, I set them on a cooling rack to ice them with a simple mixture of some powdered sugar, almond milk, and food coloring. I just added a little milk to the powdered sugar until it was the consistency I wanted.

IMG_6923
IMG_6924
IMG_6925
Happy St. Patri... I mean... Happy Spring! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's a spring green! :)

    We'll be heading about to Nashville this week. Are there any places you'd recommend to eat and/or avoid?

    Thanks!

    Jessica
    http://www.agirlwriting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're so cute! You're inspiring me. :) I need some springy gluten-free cookies too. :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan