Climbing, climbing.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I like to think of my week as a hill.
Is that weird?
Ok, just stick with me for a minute.

Mondays and Tuesdays are my long school days - and I begin climbing a gradual uphill. But because of the rest I [hopefully] got over the weekend, I can manage them - and work - without being super tired or grumpy by the end of the day.

Then comes Wednesday.
And my 8am class.
And a trip to the hospital to get my patient assignment.
I'm still feeling some energy, but as soon as I get home, I have to fight the strong urge to just lay on the couch and doze off for a few minutes hours. The hill is feeling steeper. Just as much to accomplish, but less energy to do it.

By Thursday, it feels like I'm climbing straight up. I leave for the hospital at 5:00am and the sensory overload of helping a patient, doing paperwork, and learning so very much is exhausting. So I come hope and I nap before going to work. I've never been a nap girl, but I think nursing school might just make one out of me!

By Friday morning, I feel like I've crested the top of the hill and the view is breathtaking: a free day and a weekend with my husband ahead of me. It doesn't get better than that!

So all that to say, I still feel every day that this journey is so very worth it. All the time, the energy, and the exhaustion is going to pay off ten-fold. The reward far outweighs the cost, don't you think? How thankful I am that I have the gift of going to school, being a wife, teaching painting classes, and mostly being a daughter of God who is so dearly loved.

"It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed,
because His [tender] compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion or share,
says my living being (my inner self);
therefore will I hope in Him
and wait expectantly for Him."
Lamentations 3:22-24, Amplified Bible

3 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful outlook on life and I love reading about it....YOU. CAN. DO. IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently stumbled upon your blog and I like reading your posts. Now, when I read this one, I couldn't stop smiling... I see the week in the same way you see it, and sometimes I was wondering if I'm the only person who does that..:))
    Good luck tomorrow at hospital and work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your naps Whitney! :D ~ christa

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan