The best gluten-free cookie you'll make.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

In the four years I've eaten completely gluten free, I've tried a lot of gluten free chocolate cookie recipes and have never been very impressed. They usually seem promising when the dough comes together, but then melt all over the pan into one giant cookie. Or sometimes they have a sprouty aftertaste - if you've eaten a lot of gluten free baked goods, you know what I'm talking about.

BUT! I just discovered this killer recipe, and I had to share it. It comes from the Land O Lakes website, and instead of the flour blend they recommend (which I'm sure is just fine) I make it a lot easier on myself and use Trader Joe's all purpose gluten free flour blend, which they recently started offering in their stores. It happens to be the perfect combination. 

The cookies taste crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, rich, and delicious. There's nothing about the taste that would make you think "gluten free," which is by far my very favorite part!

Find the chocolate chip cookie recipe here.
Find the all purpose gluten free flour blend at Trader Joe's.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have a friend who has a gluten free fiance and for her wedding shower, we have to bring a recipe! So I'm going to use this one and maybe even try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Whitney! I've been a silent reader for a few years now (LOVED your love story!)... I don't eat gluten-free, but I just wanted to share a website with you. I don't know if you've already heard of it... it's called Cannelle et Vanille (cannellevanille.com). Delicious (albeit also really fancy!) recipes and gorgeous photos! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm excited to check it out!

      Delete
  3. I've used this twice now and I love them. Thank you for providing a recipe of gf cookies that are as good as non gf cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. user-friendly, and extremely responsive interface. ivootapp Biggest assets of Voot App is Movies will be obtaining updated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With clearing up every pest, junks to make sure that its Z4Root APK it will certainly come in handy. There wide range of styles.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan