A day in the life.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

If there was ever a picture of real motherhood, it might be this one. 
Spit up pooling in my dress, hair a mess, half my makeup on, a full diaper, and Liam's arm down my shirt. It's a lovely look, don't you think? What you don't see: laundry piled up the wall and a bed that was only made because we'd just had company.

I used to judge the moms I'd see in the grocery store with no makeup, wearing sweats, and not seeming to care a bit. As you can see, I've apparently joined their ranks - posting a picture like this one for the world to see. 

It's my reality. 
Do I love being covered in spit up all the time? Not really. 
Do I love being his mom? More than anything. 

PS - I know that looks like a lot of spit up. And it is. We've talked with his doctor and he's not concerned - Liam is obviously growing just fine and doesn't seem to be bothered by it a bit. But can I just say I'm ready for him to grow out of this stage?
PPS - I missed blogging last week! Selling over 100 bags in just a few days almost did me in. And that's where I've been. :) Thanks to all of you who bought bags from P.S. I Adore You!


12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture, really! True essence of motherhood. You should frame it!

    Chrissy
    www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful! (And this is probably none of my business, but you look exhausted--get some rest, okay? You can't be the best wife, mama, and business owner you can be if you push yourself too hard.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I love pictures of real life, like these! :)
    My daughter also had a period when I breastfeeded her, when she would do pretty much what Liam does - spit up A LOT. Our doctor said it was ok, because she was growing so much every month, but then we went to another doctor, and he said she was perfecty healthy. But he was suspicious so he ordered some analysis and we discovered she had cystitis! Spitting that much was a symptom of this in babies... So, a brief cure of antibiotics healed her cystitis and she stopped spitting ;)
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone, I am rocking the "spit-up, messy hair, wearing sweats" look too :) (Although I must say, your messy hair is really cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you shared this with us. Life is what it is and we must be wise to love and enjoy ALL that God has gifted to us. Motherhood is not easy or glamorous most of the time...but it truely is a blessing. Trust me I have 3 and I would not trade any "bad hair, spit up, stretched shirts or attitudes" that have been thrown at me. Honestly, we miss them when they are no longer a part of our daily functions.

    You are 100% REAL TO YOUR FANS & about yourself...and that's what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are also still seeing pools of spit up -- my favorite is when it somehow goes directly down my shirt. Haha! I am also pretty ready for the spits to end! What a humbling experience, isn't it?! I've grown accustomed to a good shower about every 3 days, wearing little/no makeup and something stretchy (both for easy nursing access AND to cover the post baby chubchub) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO humbling!! Humbling when we hand him off to someone who wants to hold him and he just nails them. It happens... daily?

      Delete
  7. My daughter used to spit up all the time too. Not just once or twice a day, like all the time---the projectile kind. It was so annoying! Her doctor told me that babies' are still developing a valve in their esophagus and that once they had more stability and control in that area it would go away. It did take a while though! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - all the time... the projectile kind. Gets SO old! I'm so ready!! :)

      Delete
  8. Whoa to the person who said you look exhausted. I'm sorry but mama bear best friend coming out to say I'm just not ok with that comment. The whole thing really. Wow.

    Anyways. Love these pics sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we lived closer, I'd so offer to come help you out. You're a great mom and such an encouragement to us other ladies seeking to be the best women we can be. Thank you for being so real; it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan