We're moving.

Monday, April 15, 2013

For the past three and a half years, we've had the privilege of renting the sweetest little yellow house in the country from friends. It has been even more wonderful than we could've imagined: the hardwood floors, the open layout, the gorgeous acreage, the sunroom. We're so grateful for the peace it's brought to our lives amidst our otherwise crazy schedules and commitments. I love that it will always be the home where we spent our first official Christmas as a married couple. It's where we found out we were pregnant. It's where we brought Liam home from the hospital. It's where we've learned a lot about grace and forgiveness and faith. So much has happened here in the past 3 years.

At the same time, our plan to move is an answered prayer. It had only been days since we had begun to specifically pray that God would move us into a new season (not knowing exactly what that would entail) - and He quite literally did. Our landlords are needing the house for office space, and it's the perfect setup for them. We've been flooded with peace as we received the news, and peace as we've just begun to hunt around for a new place. Where or how or what is next? We have no idea. We only know that we'll be saying goodbye to this house at the end of May.

We'd so appreciate your prayers in this transition... this moving-with-a-6-month-old-and-a-small-business transition. It would be so easy to feel overwhelmed.

And oh... the picture above? It doesn't seem to have much to do with moving, but I'm just realizing more than ever that they are my home. Wherever those two go is where I want to be.

15 comments:

  1. Exciting! It's wonderful to have peace even if you don't know what's next yet...peace because God does know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your posts really inspires me - the way you talk about facing new challenges is really wonderful. I know life isn't always sunshine and daisies, but it does give me courage to face each new challenge with a different perspective. Good luck on your next home - I'm sure it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting!!! Especially when there's peace that accompanies a big change-- Thank you God for knowing what we need! Will you be staying in the same area or making a big move??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so touchable, the way you talked about your little yellow house! I hope you would find peace into your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. House hunting & moving can be so wonderful, even with a baby!
    This has clearly been God ordained and of course, His way is always perfect.

    I'll be praying for results & peace!

    Love,
    Manda from Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying that same peace surrounds the whole process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting a new chapter can be so exciting, especially knowing God is in it. So much has happened in that little yellow house - basically your entire blog's story. :) Looking forward to hearing about where God is leading you and Shawn. I've found myself praying about seminary for you two when you come to mind. I know that's something you've talked about on your blog. Whatever He has planned, it is sure to be beautiful and just right for you and your little family. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be praying for you as you enter this new season of life! Wherever your heart is there your home will be! I'm sure He has wonderful plans in store for you three:) May this househunting moving time be a blessed one instead of the stressful one it often is(I have moved MANY time in my life including one accross to the other end of the world emmigration so I know all about that!) and bring you much peace! God bless, Leilani

    ReplyDelete
  9. When one door shuts, God opens another. These are the times that I found God to have a GREATER plan. Indeed His peace He leaves with us. Enjoy His leading to the next level of Him :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wishing you all the best, perhaps, you should really accept change of place of living as a new beginning and new opportunity :)
    God bless your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like I'm reading my own current story. We are going through the same thing, and it has definitely made us learn patience and to know that God knows what's best for us. I pray your transition is quick and easy, and I wouldn't mind those prayers for us as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Whitney, Tim and I are starting to look for a new place too and my sister told me about a great resource now that we have Liesel: www.greatschools.com This site helps you find a place to live based on the school districts and you can see how each school measures up, and it links directly with realtor.com so you can see houses for sale/rent in a good district. So much more to think about now that we have babies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The picture is certainly very moving :) thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan