April.

Thursday, April 4, 2013


A mere four days in, this April has already put a "spirit of youthinto our family. While I'm not able to go into details, some big changes are taking place for us. May and June and July will look very different because of the decisions that are being made in April. Some of the changes are firm and scheduled. We know what to expect and when to expect it. Others are still big question marks, and we prayerfully wait for the Lord to answer. 

I hate to be so vague, but don't worry... I'll be sure to write about this new season for us as soon as I can. For now, I can only share the excitement that God is working and moving and encouraging us to trust Him a little more every day. 
It's not often that I buy flowers for my own home. It always seems a little extravagant and unnecessary if it's just me and Liam holding down the fort most of the time.

But you know what these flowers did for me today?

They made me want to clean the living room around them - and then the rest of the house! - so they'd look even prettier in a clean room.
They helped me to pause for just a few moments to photograph them, admire their beauty, and take a deep breath.
They reminded me that, indeed, Spring is on its way. A fresh new season is sweeping through and we couldn't be more thankful.
They reminded me of Jesus' words in Matthew 6, a passage for which I can always use a reminder. Maybe you can too?
"See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6: 28-34)



10 comments:

  1. Oh how you made me smile with this post this morning! DARLING flowers!!
    My Grandma just gave me that same vase! Love it. Thanks for putting a 'youthful spirit' into my step today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Praying for your decisions this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homegirl fresh flowers are never extravagant. You can quote me on that.

    I'm so excited about the things coming up! God is so big & good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I just adore ranunculus! Every girl needs fresh flowers in the house once in a while--especially if they inspire you to beautify the rest of your space :)

    I am loving April, too. For the past five years, I've spent every season missing the beautiful little beach town I grew up in and wishing that I could talk my husband into living there instead of the hot, dusty, commercial area we live in. This spring, though, I'm learning to appreciate what this area has to offer at springtime. I'm enjoying it and trying to let go...

    I'm excited for what God is doing for your family! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    <3 Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have me curious....I know about one thing.....but the others....can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and beautiful passage from scripture! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what changes are headed your way.....just know that I've added you and your cute little family to my daily prayer list. Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers, they are my favorite! And I will pray...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. It breathed a spirit of youthfulness into my tired soul... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I needed to hear this today Whitney, thank you for the reminder! We all need it sometimes. Especially during seasons of transition and change, where I am also finding myself right now. Prayers to you and your family as you are also walking into a new season!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan