In need of an intervention.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Last night Shawn and I walked into Chipotle and before being asked what we'd like to order, the man behind the counter said, "It's you again! Just so you know, if you buy a $25 gift card, you get a free entrée. That might help since you guys are here all the time."

He handed our burrito bowls off to the next person and man #2 chimed in, "You know, I think every single shift I've ever worked here, I've seen you guys."

Great. Just great.

In Chicago where there's a Chipotle on every other block, we could go to different locations so they wouldn't recognize us as being there all the time. But here? We only have one that's within a reasonable distance. And they better get used to seeing us. :)

I usually just make the excuse that because I have to eat gluten-free, it's one of the only restaurants that's healthy, cheap, and I leave feeling full. At almost any other restaurant, I have to order a salad or something super plain (i.e. grilled chicken with no seasonings and some steamed vegetables). So they can't blame me for visiting Chipotle about 3 times a week, right? :) I seriously think I could eat there every day and not get tired of it.

Any other Chipotle addicts out there?
Raise your hands. No condemnation here!
What do you order? 
I get the burrito bowl with black beans and the veggie fajita mix, mild and medium salsa, and guac. Just in case anyone wondered. :)

Also, any other Celiacs with other restaurant ideas? 
(Not that I'm trying to get out of eating at Chipotle, but it would be nice to know of some other options if you know something I don't!)

20 comments:

  1. My ex-boyfriend is known as 'two-burrito' guy because whenever he goes in there (usually at least twice a week) he downs two burritos in one sitting. In fact, we were out one day and ran into some people- one we knew very well, the other we had met once or twice. The lesser known guy looked at my ex and said "hey aren't you the guy who loves Chipotle?" Don't get me a wrong, I could eat Chipotle all the time and not having one nearby makes me ridiculously sad, but I have never met anyone quite as obsessed as him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do they know my face, they change their gloves when I walk in, they know my name and my order

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are OBSESSED. I love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. proudly raising my hand as a chipotle-lover!! my husband wouldn't have me any other way:) sadly for us, there isn't one within 100 miles of our house... so we have to wait and WAIT to get our fill when we're in the big city.

    ps. don't feel guilty miss whitney! chipotle's not a bad habit in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whit-
    This made me laugh- I have never even been to a Chipotle before if you can believe it, but maybe I should give it a try! And I don't have celiac, but I was thinking maybe Calypso would have some things you could eat? maybe? Anyway, that's my favorite restaurant! They definitely recognize us there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Qdoba as healthy?? I really enjoy their food better. But I love Chipotle too!! I only do burrito bowls too and I love love their cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw...at least you have a chipotle. there is none in sight here in SC. :( i've been craving it since i left chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha wow. . . I would so be you if we had a Chipotle in the same town. You can have an excuse over the next few weeks to go, though, because you'll be taking me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. loooooove chipotle! and no shame in going all the time. our nearest one is 30 min. away...i would go a few times a week too if there was one closer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain. Being on a diary-free diet is tough as everything has or is cooked with dairy! We go to Qdoba all the time. Mmmm...that sounds good for dinner.

    Red Robin has a menu for most allergens that tells you what you CAN order instead of what you can't order. That makes life so much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i, too, am obsessed with chipotle. i wish i was eating it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am making a trip there today... it's not too far away, but with 3 kids, i'm a wee bit worried about the success of the trip today. we've been snow-bound for the past 3 days, and i'm itching to get out- caribou coffee 'round us has $2 medium coffee and there's a chipotle right around the corner from there.

    so in long form- raising my hand here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chipotle is definitely our affordable not-date-night-but-wanna-eat-out go-to. Does Panera have gluten-free/celiac options? Seems they would, but I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i get the veggie burrito bowl.
    and i get it more often then i care to admit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum!! I get anything with a huge side of guac....their guac is amazing. And my visits are few and far between....i live in Hawaii and the closest one is in Los Angeles :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love Chipotle. Just went there yesterday in fact.

    I get a veggie burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't have a Chipotle in my town...we have something called Burrachos and my husband and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness....i just stumbled upon your blog because someone pinned your DIY heat pad on pinterest. I noticed that the photo of you storing them in the freezer had GF stuff...and then stalked your GF section. I have CD as well and when we bought a house last year, it's a mile and a half from Chipotle. I may (or may not) go at least twice a week. And yes, they change their gloves as soon as they see me or my husband. I also love PF Changs. Pei Wei has not worked out so well, but PF Changs has been pretty good to me. We live in Orlando so I'm also obsessed with Disney. Talk about a job done right! The managers all take special diet orders and over see each custom order - including personally delivering it to your table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sara, That's so good to know about Disney! I had no idea!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan