Pride comes before the fall

Saturday, December 4, 2010

IMG_4303
Just yesterday, I thought to myself,
"It seems like everyone around me is coughing and sneezing and I haven't caught it. It must be all that juice I drink... or the homemade elderberry syrup... or the healthy food..."

Then came this morning. I woke up and couldn't breathe through my nose, had a sore throat, and a pounding sinus headache. Ironic, eh? I made it through the day without feeling too terrible, all the while pumping my body full of tons of fresh juice, zinc lozenges, Airborne, and elderberry syrup I made today.

I thought surely all that natural goodness would conquer it, and quick.
I thought wrong.

I taught this afternoon, which went well. Then I taught tonight (for 63 people) and felt worse and worse as the class progressed. As soon as I finished the last step, I walked off the stage and into my car to head home with a low-grade fever. All that to say, my Saturday is going to look a bit different than I'd planned. Less check marks on my to-do list and more time in pajama pants on my cozy couch.

You know in Psalm 23 when it says, "He makes me lie down in green pastures?"
I'm pretty sure that's what He has up His sleeve for me. Making me lie down. Making me sit still for just a minute. And you know what? I'll take it.

Speaking of Psalm 23, I really love the very first verse: "The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing." How true.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots less kleenex than mine. :)

4 comments:

  1. oooo, I'm sorry. I do think MORE sleep is not overrated! Get well SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel better, friend! so not fun. get some good rest. :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are sick - I hope you feel better soon.

    I went to get some Elderberry syrup tonight, but unfortunately my local shop didn't have any. I will have to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you about pride and how it can easily lead me to pat myself on the back for all the things I do to prevent my family from getting sick. Zane is sick in the other room right now by the way, so this is very timely! God delights in those who trust in His unfailing love...not those who think they've got it all figured out. So interesting that you mention Ps 23 too. God has been using that chapter so much in life right now...especially in the days leading up to our little girl being born (absolutely any day now). Thanks, Whitney! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan