Unwelcomed guest.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm not really an outdoorsy kind of girl. (Sometimes I wish I was.)
I do love seeing wildlife, but I like them to stay really far away.

That said, I was sitting at my kitchen table studying all morning (surprise!) when I heard our watering can just outside the front door get knocked over. It happens sometimes when it's really windy, but as I looked outside, the leaves were perfectly still. A little weird, but I kept studying.

A minute or so later, I saw out of the corner of my eye a small animal pass our front door, and as it passed, it left one of my flip flops right on our door mat. (Apparently the flip flop had been in its mouth?) I thought it was our neighbor's cat, but when I got closer...

Untitled-37

Untitled-38

Untitled-39

IMG_5341

Grrrrroooossss. You can bet those cheap flip-flops are going in the trash.

10 comments:

  1. I'm quite impressed that you thought to bring out your camera! I would've been squealing frantically and running out the back door.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a raccoon in broad daylight... that thing is rabid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not an outdoorsy type either, you have my sympathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! my dad has (live) trapped over 15 raccoons at their house then takes them out further into the middle of no where!

    ps- whit, i LOVE your blog. it is always so inspiring and fills my soul. i am horrible at commenting but i ALWAYS check your blog first for updates. hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! That is incredible. I would of had the camera out too....so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Too bad raccoons are disease-carrying culprits - they're so cute! I think I'd still take one of those over city rats any day... Glad you were able to catch that purely country moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARGH...yeah, don't like when they invade MY territory! I have stories, many stories...great you captured it in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those things scare the heck out of me too!! yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We battled racoons a couple of years ago, they were eatting our chickens! The comments about being ill (rabid) may be true, so watch out.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan