Our Christmas wreath.

Monday, December 20, 2010

In case you're in need of some last minute Christmas decor before family and friends come to visit, I thought I'd share this. I actually made it several weeks ago when Kirra was in town, but finally hung it on our front door just in time for Christmas.

IMG_5583

It couldn't have been easier to make.
I wrapped a straw wreath form in a simple linen-ish fabric, then wrapped some doilies around one side of it and pinned them with small pins. (You could also use a glue gun.)
IMG_5586

This rose was something I bought in London (as a large brooch) several years ago, and it had been laying in my craft closet forever. I pinned it on, too. You could easily use a large silk flower or two from a craft store.
IMG_5585
The lettering is from any craft store and was already glittered. I just glued the backs of the letters to a piece of twine. 
IMG_5584
"Wonder & Joy" pretty much sums up what I feel around Christmas.
And I have a feeling it may have been what Mary felt, too. 
What a wondrous, joyful time of year!

5 comments:

  1. such a beautiful wreath!! i love that it's something you can use again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I would love to see a picture of your craft closet, you have the coolest things on hand all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doilys on wreaths?! Perfection! Great job, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - so classic looking. And the letters are such a whimsical touch.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan